This online platform (Platform) is operated by Raise Early Years Pty Ltd trading as Raise Toddlers ABN 67 657 951 829 or its successors and assigns (we, our or us). It is available at https://raisetoddlers.com.au/ (Website) and at any other third party application we choose to use now or in the future.
You can browse and view the Platform as an unregistered user of the Platform. You must register on the Platform and create an account (Account) to access some features on the Platform, such as the purchase of goods, services and any other products (Goods).
When you place an order via our website (Order), you will receive an acknowledgement e-mail confirming receipt of your order which will be an acknowledgement only and will not constitute acceptance of your Order. A contract between us will not be formed until we send you confirmation by e-mail that the goods in your Order have been dispatched to you. Only those goods listed in the confirmation e-mail sent at the time of dispatch will be included in the contract formed. If you make more than one Order a new contract will be created each time you place an Order.
Privacy and availability
We use our best efforts to try and ensure that all details, descriptions and prices that appear on this Website are accurate, however errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of any Goods advertised, we will correct the error within a reasonable time. Delivery costs will be charged in addition to the purchase of Goods at our discretion and depending on your location; such additional charges are clearly displayed where applicable and included in the “Total Cost” at checkout.
Fees and Payments
Payments will be made through our third party payment processor or by any other payment method set out on the Platform. To the extent permitted by law, our service fee is non-cancellable and non-refundable. We set out a number of payment methods on the Platform. The payment method you choose may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by the applicable third party payment processor; please review these terms and conditions before using your selected payment method.
- Our Goods include:
(1) toddler toys;
(2) toy labels;
(3) digital toddler resources;
(4) toddler furniture; and
(5) toy storage and organisational systems, including shelves.
- You acknowledge that our Goods may be varied by us without prior notice to you at our sole discretion.
You acknowledge and agree to the purchase of our Goods on the following basis:
(a) while we do our best to flag any warnings, potential choking hazards and appropriate age-ranges in the toys, furniture or any of the other Goods that we sell, it is your responsibility to read any appropriate labels and warnings and to make your own assessment as to whether the Goods are appropriate for your child and we take no responsibility and have no liability for any injury, death, loss or damage that arise as a result of your purchase or use of our Goods;
(b) where required, adult supervision must be present in the use of our Goods and we are not liable for any injury, death, loss or damage that arise due to the lack of adult supervision;
(c) where it is required we recommend that any furniture (including shelves) that are sold as part of our Goods be affixed to the wall to prevent accidents and injuries and children should not climb on any furniture (unless it is explicitly stated that children may do so);
(d) any age-range that is recommended on our Goods are a guide only and it is your responsibility to assess whether or not it is appropriate for your child, noting that each child is different and may go through different phases at different times;
(e) if any of our Goods come with assembly instructions, including any shelves or furniture, then it must be assembled by an adult and the instructions must be carefully and accurate followed as small parts may be involved in the assembly process. We are not responsible for and have no liability for nay injury, death, loss or damage that arise as a result of incorrect assembly of any of our Goods;
(f) we are not medical or health professionals and while our toddler resources (such as our toilet learning guide) include advice and tips for you and your child, if you have concerns around your child’s physical or mental wellbeing we recommend that you seek a professional medical or psychological expert to discuss these issues; and
(g) our Goods are intended only for the specified use and not for any other purpose.
Delivery of your Order
- When delivering Goods purchased on the website we will only deliver to the individual listed on the Order, and where requested, you must provide us, or our third party couriers (where applicable), with acceptable forms of identification on delivery, such as a passport or drivers’ licence to enable us to verify your identity.
- You must be present at the delivery address to accept delivery of your Order. If you are not present at the delivery address at the time we deliver your order and there is no safe place to leave the Goods, then you will be notified, generally by a card that we, or our delivery company, will leave at the delivery address. We may attempt to re-deliver your Order. If you provide an incorrect delivery address or you are not present to accept delivery of your Order after a number of attempts have been made to deliver your Order, we may cancel your Order and provide you with a refund.
- All standard orders in Australia are delivered personally by our representative or sent by a postage provider of our choice without insurance but with tracking where possible. The choice of delivery method will be dependent upon your physical location and any options you select at checkout when placing your Order.
- While we do everything we can to ensure your order is delivered in a timely manner, we will not be liable for any loss or damage incurred by any person as a result of delay caused by our carrier that we have no control over or by any event which is out of our reasonable control or foresight including but not limited to any delay caused by an incorrect delivery address being provided to us.
- Insurance is available at an extra cost on all delivery services. We will not cover any loss of goods that are not insured.
- For non-delivery of goods, please notify us by email as soon as possible.
Receipt of Goods
- You must inspect the Goods immediately upon their arrival and if the Goods are not in accordance with the specified requirements then you must give notice to us within 24 hours of receipt of the Goods. If you fail to give such notice, the Goods must be deemed to be in all respects in accordance with the specified requirements. No claim must be recognised unless made in writing and received by us within 24 hours after receipt of the Goods by you.
- This paragraph does not apply if the Goods are subject to consumer guarantees imposed under the Australian Consumer Law — where consumer guarantees apply.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
Please choose carefully. We do not normally give refunds if you change your mind or make the wrong decision. Any refund will be at our absolute discretion.
Collection of information
Intellectual Property rights
Unless otherwise indicated, we own or licence all rights, title and interest (including intellectual property rights) in our Platform and all of the Content. Your use of our Platform and your use of and access to any Content does not grant or transfer to you any rights, title or interest in relation to our Platform or the Content.
You must not, without the prior written consent of ourselves or the owner of the Content (as applicable):
(a) copy or use, in whole or in part, any Content;
(b) reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate any Content to any third party; or
(c) breach any intellectual property rights connected with our Platform, including (without limitation) by:
(1) altering or modifying any of the Content;
(2) causing any of the Content to be framed or embedded in another website; or
(3) creating derivative works from the Content.
You may be permitted to post, upload, publish, submit or transmit relevant information and content, including Reviews (User Content) on our Platform. By making available any User Content on or through our Platform, you grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free licence to use the User Content, with the right to use, view, copy, adapt, modify, distribute, license, sell, transfer, communicate, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast, access, or otherwise exploit such User Content on, through, or by means of our Platform.
You agree that you are solely responsible for all User Content that you make available on or through our Platform. You represent and warrant that:
(a) you are either the sole and exclusive owner of all User Content or you have all rights, licences, consents and releases that are necessary to grant to us the rights in such User Content as contemplated by these Terms; and
(b) neither the User Content nor the posting, uploading, publication, submission or transmission of the User Content or our use of the User Content on, through or by means of our Platform will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
We do not endorse or approve and are not responsible for any User Content. We may, at any time at our sole discretion, remove any User Content.
We may, at any time and without notice to you, discontinue our Platform, in whole or in part. We may also exclude any person from using our Platform, at any time at our sole discretion. We are not responsible for any Liability you may suffer arising from or in connection with any such discontinuance or exclusion.
(a) Certain legislation including the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), and similar consumer protection laws and regulations may confer you with rights, warranties, guarantees and remedies relating to our provision of our services which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified (Statutory Rights).
(b) Nothing in these Terms excludes your Statutory Rights as a consumer under the ACL.
Limitation on Claims
- We have no liability to the extent that our performance of the contract is prevented by force majeure. For these purposes, “force majeure” means any occurrence or omission as a direct or indirect result of which we are prevented from or delayed in performing any of our obligations, is beyond our reasonable control and which could not have been prevented or mitigated by reasonable diligence or precautionary measures, including forces of nature, natural disasters, acts of terrorism, riots, revolution, civil commotion, epidemic, industrial action and action or inaction by a government agency.
- We have no liability to the extent that a failure of the Goods is attributable to any act or omission on your part, including where you do not follow appropriate storage instructions for the Goods or ensure the Goods are moved from the brown paper bags in which they are packed to long term storage options at your place of residence or business.
- Our liability for failure to comply with a consumer guarantee is limited to:
- in the case of Goods supplied by us, the replacement of the Goods or the supply of equivalent Goods (or the payment of the cost of the replacement or supply); and
- in the case of services supplied by us, the supply of the services again or the payment of the cost to the Customer of having the services supplied again.
- Subject to the prior, no attempt is made to exclude or limit liability arising under the Australian Consumer Law to the extent that there is a statutory restriction on such exclusion or limitation.
- In all other respects, our total liability for loss or damage of every kind, whether:
- arising pursuant to the terms of service; or
- arising in any other way out of or in relation to the supply of the goods, their sale, delivery or the way they behave, and whether in tort or contract or in any other cause of action,
is limited to an amount equivalent to the sum paid by you to us for the goods.
- Except as otherwise stipulated in these terms, we do not accept liability to you in respect of any indirect or direct loss or damage which may be suffered or incurred by you in respect of goods or services supplied pursuant to these terms.
- Where you have asked us to recommend a product for your use, we make such recommendations on the information provided to us by you and will not be liable if the products purchased fail to meet your requirements, particularly where we have not been made aware of the full circumstances of the intended use or your specific situation.
- This clause will survive the termination or expiry of these Terms.
To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty that would otherwise be implied into these terms and conditions is excluded.
Any waiver of any provision of the terms of service will be effective only if in writing and signed by us. Without limiting the foregoing, if you breach these conditions and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
While we use the best hygiene possible at our end, we cannot guarantee that the packaging is free of infection and we recommend that you also exercise precaution by using hand washing and sanitization following when unpacking the products. We reserve the rights to rely on indemnity in this regard.
Variation: We may modify these Terms from time to time by posting the amended Terms on the Platform. By continuing to use the Platform after any such modification, you agree to the amended terms. If you do not agree to the modifications, you must terminate your Account and stop using the Platform.
Severance: The provisions of these Terms are severable and if any provision of these Terms is held to be void, invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision is severed from these Terms without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remainder of that provision or the other provisions in these Terms.
Jurisdiction: These Terms, and your Order, are governed by the laws of Western Australia. You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts operating in Western Australia and any courts entitled to hear appeals from those courts and waive any right to object to proceedings being brought in those courts.
Entire Agreement: These terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us.
For any questions and notices, please contact us at:
Raise Early Years Pty Ltd trading as Raise Toddlers [ABN 67 657 951 829]
Last update: 16 March 2022